I have to share this yummy recipe for Oven Fried Chicken I made the other night that was delicious. It had the flavor of Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it is baked in the oven and not fried so a bit better for us.
The chicken turned out nice and moist and while the breading was not super crunchy the way Kentucky Fried is it was still crisp and very tasty. I really enjoyed it and think it was worth the share – plus it was super EASY to make as well, BONUS.
Here is what you will need to make this Oven Fried Chicken:
- Chicken of course – I just took a package of chicken boobs and cut them into strips
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp season all (important)
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Stick Butter
Calculate the nutritional value of any recipe. Simply select the ingredients and amounts:
Recipe Nutrition Calculator
How to Cook
- First what I did was cut up my Chicken Boobs into strips. Then place them in a bowl and cover them with Milk. Let them soak for about 30 Minutes.
- Next in a large bowl mix together your Salt, Season All, Pepper, Flour and Paprika.
- Then Coat each piece of Chicken with that mixture.
- Next preheat your oven to 400 degrees and take your 1/2 Stick of butter and melt it in your baking dish. Make sure the butter coats the entire pan and if you need to you can add some non stick spray as well before placing in the chicken.
- Carefully lay your chicken strips in your baking dish on top of the melted butter.
- Let them bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes flip them over. Yes sometimes they will stick and some of the coating will come off – it happens. Try to use a fork and flip carefully. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Now take them out of the oven and fill your belly with yumminess !!
Like I said I really enjoyed the flavor of these and if you have any leftovers they would be great added to a salad cold.