• Format: paperback, 273 pages
    • Author: Cathleen Rountree
    • Language: english
    • Genres: writing
    • Publisher: Red Wheel
    • Release date: February 1, 2002
    • ISBN: 9781573245708 (1573245704)

About The Book

In The Writers Mentor, bestselling author, teacher, and writing coach Cathleen Rountree addresses the most common dilemmas of both aspiring and professional writers. Written in a questionandanswer format, this book stands apart from other books on writing by its linking of practical information on effective writing strategies with inspirational stories from the lives of famous writers.

Cathleen Rountree responds to such questions as: How do I get ideas for writing? What should I do when I am stuck and just staring at a blank page? What is the best time of day to write? How do I set a writing schedule? What can I do to achieve a state of “flow” when writing?

In anwering these questions, she shares not only what she has learned from her own experiences in writing and publishing eight books, but also many of the writing secrets of famous literary figuresfrom fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Included are tips from Anne Tyler, Mark Twain, Arthur Miller, Margaret Atwood, Tennessee Williams, Maya Angelou, Ernest Hemingway, Diane Ackerman, Virginia Woolf, Isabel Allende, Pablo Neruda, Doris Lessing, and more. Included in each chapter is a feature called “The Writer’s Mentor Suggests,” which gives readers a list of concrete suggestions and tips around the writing topic. A wonderful feature in every chapter is a look at the writing life through films such as The Shining, Bridget Jones’ Diary, and Shakespeare in Love.

Hardback book The Writer’s Mentor by Cathleen Rountree read. TXT ebook The Writer’s Mentor buy on iOS on IndieBound. Hardcover The Writer’s Mentor download.

Online book The Writer’s Mentor Cathleen Rountree for iPad on Dymocks. MOBI The Writer’s Mentor buy cheap on Bookshop. EPUB ebook The Writer’s Mentor Cathleen Rountree Kindle.

MP3 ebook The Writer’s Mentor read online on Kobo. PDF book The Writer’s Mentor by Cathleen Rountree download for reader. FB2 The Writer’s Mentor download.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: (Audiobook) The Writer’s Mentor
Your information: