If you are a Cheesecake Lover than this recipe is for you. This is the only Cheesecake Recipe we make in my family due to how delicious, rich and moist it is – once you try this recipe you will be hooked and never try another – trust me.
My sister has been making this NY Cheesecake Recipe for so many years now and I never use to be a fan of Cheesecake until my older age – now I just love it. We don’t make it often, but when we do it goes quick. Today I made one for my hubby for Father’s Day – he loves it as well. Nice of me right? Ok I was craving it – shhhh don’t tell him that.
I do think it is funny that I am posting a recipe for Cheesecake on my Gastric Bypass Blog, but I shared a photo on my Facebook Page and everyone wanted the recipe *Giggling*. Honestly this Cheesecake is pretty much all protein less the sugar so if you do not eat the entire thing I think it is just fine. Anyway this cake is so rich you can only eat a small sliver and be satisfied.
Of course it is not low fat and full of calories, but every now and then in moderation it is ok to splurge a tiny bit. This Cheesecake is soooo worth the splurge. Ok now let me get to the secret recipe…..
NY Cheesecake Recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 5 Eggs
Calculate the nutritional value of any recipe. Simply select the ingredients and amounts:
Recipe Nutrition Calculator
* Make sure all ingredients are at Room Temperature – so take them out a few hours prior to making this recipe
Now here is what you do:
- In your mixing bowl cream together Sugar and Butter.
- Using a mixer mix in your Cream Cheese one block at a time.
- Mix in your Sour Cream.
- Add in Cornstarch and Vanilla.
- Mix in your eggs one at a time.
- Blend that all until smooth.
- Pre Heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Pour your mixture into a well greased 10″ Spring Form Pan.
- Place your Spring Form Pan into a roasting pan or large baking dish and fill it half way with water – this is important for a moist Cheesecake and to avoid it cracking.
- Then bake that goodness for 1 hour.
- Take it out and let it cool, once cool stick the Cheesecake still in spring form pan into your refrigerator to get cold. We find it best to make it the night before so it gets nice and cold – cake is best very cold.
- Then take it out, remove spring form pan side, slice that baby up and get ready to be in heaven !!
If you try this recipe I would love to know what you think.