I decided to compile a list of Favorite after Gastric Bypass Surgery Snacks that I myself and others are enjoying now. This list is very useful for those looking for some ideas when you may have the munchies after surgery.
I have recently asked on a couple of the Gastric Bypass Forums the question: What is your favorite go to snack after Gastric Bypass Surgery? The response has been great and the variety of things others are snacking on has helped give me some ideas that I did not even think about.
So I thought I would make a list of those things and post them here for everyone to see. If you have a favorite after surgery snack that is not on list, let me know about it by commenting below and I will continue to grow the list.
NOTE: Always follow your diet plan from your surgeon and if one of the items on the list is something you are not sure if you can have – Ask First. The people who have answered the question are at all different stages in their post op. Remember to not over do the snacks at any stage, but have them in moderation.
- Make sure you are not snacking from Head Hunger
- Always measure your proportions and not eat from the box
- Be careful of mindless eating in front of the TV and Computer
- Always check the nutritional labels
- Use caution and try new foods one at a time
So browse through the list that will continue to grow and maybe you will find some new ideas of things to eat, I know I did.
Calculate the nutritional value of any recipe. Simply select the ingredients and amounts:
Recipe Nutrition Calculator
This list is in no particular order.
- Low Fat String Cheese
- Veggie Crisps & Cheese
- Light Baby Bell Cheeses
- Pork Rinds
- Soy Crisps
- Sugar Free Pudding
- Sugar Free Jell-o
- Deli Meat Roll-Ups
- Fresh Fruits – Grapes, Peaches, Apples, Nectarines, Bananas,Watermelon , Pineapple etc…
- Cucumber slices in a light dip
- Multi-grain tortilla chips w/ shredded cheese & microwaved for 20 seconds
- Blue Diamond salt n vinegar almonds (there are other flavors too)
- Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins (cheese & smokehouse flavor)
- Protein Bars – A Variety of different brands have been mentioned
- Chipolte bowl with beans, tomatoes, a little cheese and a dollop of sour cream
- Salad with Bacon Bits and Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Cucumbers sprinkled with cinnamon and a bit of slenda
- Green Apple Chips dipped in a PB2 (powdered Peanut Butter)
- Grape Tomatoes
- Dry roasted Wasabi Edamame
- Beef Jerky
- Banana with a smear of peanut butter on it
- String Cheese wrapped in 2 slices of thinly sliced deli meat or beef jerky
- Roasted Peanuts in the Shell
- Special K Cracker Chips
- Salad with Feta Cheese
- Greek Yogurt such as Choboni
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Raw Veggies and Light Ranch Dip
- Fat Free Turkey Chilli with beans (Hormel) on a whole wheat wrap (100 cal) with some shredded cheese (microwaved)
- Sliced Turkey Breast with Cheddar Cheese
- Cottage Cheese
- Fat Free Fage Greek Yogurt with splenda and torani sugar free vanilla syrup with frozen blue berries
and a little Kashi go lean crunch cerea
- Pumpkin Custard
- Wendy’s Chili
- Baked Potato with yogurt butter and a sprinkle of cheese
- Veggie Chips dipped in light Philadelphia cream cheese with a tsp of sweet chili sauce
- Saltine Crackers with yogurt butter
- Special K Savory Herb crackers with low fat cheese
- McDonald’s sugar free vanilla latte
- Refried Beans with Low Fat or FF Sour Cream and some Salsa mixed in
- Sugar Free Ice Pops
- Sugar Free Fudge Pops
- Sugar Free Ice Cream
- Lettuce wraps with meat of choice
- Hummus or Peanut Butter on Wasa Crackers
I hope you found some yummy ideas and again if you have a favorite After Gastric Bypass Snack not listed – let me know in the comments below and I will add it to the list.
Want to start your own diary? This excellent guide to write your diary will give you ideas.